Makes: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
Recipe Note: Vegetarian Friendly
2 ½ pounds medium sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
¼ cup sage leaves
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 ½ cups sourdough bread broken into craggy pieces
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1 shallot, chopped
⅔ cup Sir Kensington’s Organic Mayonnaise
2 ounces finely grated Parmesan (½ cup)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Sir Kensington Spicy Brown Mustard
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350° with racks set in upper-third and lower-third of oven; line a baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes, cut side down on prepare sheet and prick skins with fork.
- Roast potatoes until very tender 1–1½ hours. Cool completely on sheets. Increase oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high in a sauté pan until shimmering. Add sage and cook until starting to brown and crisp, 2–3 minutes.
- Transfer sage to a paper-towel lined plate. Add bread to remaining oil in pan and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy and golden brown, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in sauté pan over medium, add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop flesh from potatoes and transfer to a blender; discard skins. Add cooked shallots, mayonnaise, Parmesan, egg, mustard, nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to blender with potatoes; blend until smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture to a shallow 1-quart baking dish, smooth top with a spatula then create some divots.
- Sprinkle sage and breadcrumbs evenly over sweet potatoes. Bake potatoes on upper rack until top is golden and crisp, 20–25 minutes. Sprinkle lemon zest over top and cool 10 minutes.